Writer: Stan Lee
Artist: Steve Ditko
Publication Date: October 1964
Green Goblin is back for a rematch. So, there's that. Spider-Man has to run off in the middle of the fight when he learns that Aunt May has a heart attack. This makes him look like a coward, and the Parker luck streak continues!
On the love triangle side of things, Liz Allen makes references about Miss Brant putting on weight, and being a little old. That does kind of bring up a good point. How many years does Betty have on Peter? He is, after all, still in high school, while she's out in the working world.
- Goblin's got a glider instead of a broom now. A step in the right direction.
- He also has an electrically charged toy frog as a weapon. One step forward...
- Flash Thompson starts a Spider-Man fan club.
- Torch gives Peter Parker his autograph
- Mary Jane Watson gets another reference, although still no appearance
Johnny Storm's a popular dude.
Favorite Quote: "Imagine if he ever saw Spider-Man! He'd probably faint!" - Flash Thompson about Peter Parker (you know, Spider-Man)
Next: Amazing Spider-Man Annual # 1