Writer: Stan Lee
Artist: Don Heck
Publication Date: June 1965
The new-look Avengers begin their search for the Hulk, which has a rousing beginning with in-team bickering. Then, the team gets a clue from a robot as to the green goliath's whereabouts. Why they decide to follow this robot's advice is anyone's guess, and of course, it's not Hulk they find, but Minotaur, a servant of a Blogged and Boarded favorite, Mole Man.
So, you know, Mole Man gets pounded, and the team ends the issue with a new found respect for one another. That's a pretty substantial Super-villain fail.
- There's already tension between Captain America and Hawkeye
- Hulk's last adventure with the Avengers, as seen here, is referenced
- Hulk's conflict with the Leader is shown to a small degree
- Quicksilver points out the Avengers have yet to be defeated
- Not sure if we've seen Hawkeye out of costume yet
Not so fast, big guy.
Next: Daredevil # 8